Postdoctoral Research Associate
U. Edinburgh, Higgs Ctr. Theor. Phys.
Deadline: November 29th, 2021
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to work in the area of quantum field theory in strong external fields. The position is for 3 years, start date as soon as possible, but there is some flexibility here.
You will work with Dr Anton Ilderton on a range of strong field problems in quantum field theory. Topics include the construction and properties of scattering amplitudes in background fields, non-perturbative methods and contributions, phenomenological applications, and the relationship between amplitudes in gauge theory and gravity. Many of these topics overlap with the interests of the wider research group, and the successful candidate will also contribute to the activity of the group as a whole.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- PhD (awarded or near completion) in Theoretical Physics.
- Solid understanding of scattering amplitude calculations in quantum field theory.
- Experience of background field problems in QED, Yang-Mills and/or scattering calculations in gravitational backgrounds is desirable.
- Experience in delivering research results in an academic context; e.g. a record of peer-reviewed journal and conference presentations.
- Capability to work independently, exercising a high degree of initiative and demonstrating a proactive and flexible approach to work
Please send informal enquiries to email@example.com. For full details and application instructions please see
Contact: Anton Ilderton
Letters of Reference should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org