The IPPP is pleased to report that funding has been received from the STFC to organize a Visiting Academic program. The purpose of this program is to enrich the program of phenomenological research at UK Universities by providing funds for visiting academics from outside the United Kingdom. This program has been funded for 2018-2020, but if successful and funding is available it will continue thereafter.
The practical details of this program are as follows:-
- Up to six bursaries are available each year with a value of £5000 each.
- The bursaries can be held at any UK institution with a particle physics program.
- The intention of the bursaries is to bring distinguished researchers from outside the United Kingdom for the period of at least three weeks.
- Decisions on bursaries will be made by the IPPP Steering Committee, which meets twice a year, in March and in September.
- To be considered at the March or September meeting, applications must be received before the last day of February or the last day of August respectively.
- Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Applications can be sponsored by any permanent member of staff at a UK University with a particle physics programme.
- Preference will be given to visits that have the potential to create new collaborations, rather than maintain existing relationships.
- Proposed research topics should influence, or have the potential to influence the UK experimental program.
- There is no application form, but hosts should submit the name and institute of proposed visitor, the proposed length and time period of the visit, and the proposed topic.
- DIVA winners will be expected to give a seminar or colloquium at both the host institution, and at the IPPP.
- Applications longer than one page of A4 will not be accepted.
View a list of IPPP Visiting Professors, past and present.