Collider connection of neutrino mass models.
Neutrino physics as a probe of physics beyond the Standard Model (BSM).
Monte Carlo methods and impact of QCD resummation on BSM.
I am a particle theorist and collider phenomenologist. My primary research focuses on understanding the origin of tiny but nonzero neutrino masses and tests of neutrino mass-generating mechanisms (Seesaw models) at current and future collider experiments. This includes extended gauge sectors (LR-Symmetric, GUT models), scalar sectors (SU(2)L doublets and triplets), and fermionic sectors (SU(2)L singlets and triplets). I have a particular interest in collider signatures involving initial-state vector bosons (vector boson fusion) and the impact of (resummed) QCD corrections on Seesaw collider processes.
- Lepton Number Violation: Seesaw Models and Their Collider Tests,
Y. Cai, T. Han, T. Li, R. Ruiz, [arXiv:1711.02180]
Review on lepton number violation in and collider tests of neutrino mass models (Seesaws)
- Neutrino Jets from High-Mass WR Gauge Bosons in TeV-Scale Left-Right Symmetric Models,
M. Mitra, R. Ruiz, D.J. Scott, M. Spannowsky, [arXiv:1607.03504]
Introduction of hadronically decaying, boosted heavy neutrinos.
- Heavy Majorana Neutrinos from Wγ Fusion at Hadron Colliders,
D. Alva, T. Han, R. Ruiz, JHEP 02, 072 (2015), [arXiv:1411.7305]
Formalism for treating and matching initial-state photons in VBF at all photon virtualities
- Fully-Automated Precision Predictions for Heavy Neutrino Production Mechanisms at Hadron Colliders,
C. Degrande, O. Mattelaer, R. Ruiz, J. Turner, [arXiv:1602.06957]
Systematic and simplified treatment of leading heavy (above EW scale) neturino production channels, including VBF and gluon fusion.
- Hadron Collider Tests of Neutrino Mass-Generating Mechanisms,
R. Ruiz [arXiv:1509.06375]
PhD thesis. University of Pittsburgh, April 2015. Includes introduction to collider physics and neutrino mixing.
- A complete list of publications can be found on the inSpire database.